[PlanetCCRMA] intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG with planetedge kernels

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 19 14:41:02 2004

> > > I get this with the ipw2100 and 2.6 lowlat kernels, unless I do
> > >
> > > rmmod ipw2100
> > > <wait a few seconds>
> > > modprobe ipw2100
> > >
> > > Hope that helps.
> >
> > wow..... doing that, along with matthew's changes to
> > /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 brings up eth1 !
>
> i put the rmmod and modprobe, with a sleep in between, in
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local -- now i've got wireless automatically after boot.
>
> it's a kludge, and the WEP thing still bugs me, but it does work!

Yeah, its ugly, I'd like to know why it does that. Maybe building the
kernel so that it doesnt thread the IRQs at boot time would help, but I
dont have time to try.

- Steve