[PlanetCCRMA] intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG with planetedge kernels

Peter Lutek plutek@infinity.net
Fri Nov 19 14:34:01 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 18:19, Peter Lutek wrote:

> > I get this with the ipw2100 and 2.6 lowlat kernels, unless I do
> >
> > rmmod ipw2100
> > <wait a few seconds>
> > modprobe ipw2100
> >
> > Hope that helps.
>
> wow..... doing that, along with matthew's changes to
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 brings up eth1 !

i put the rmmod and modprobe, with a sleep in between, in
/etc/rc.d/rc.local -- now i've got wireless automatically after boot.

it's a kludge, and the WEP thing still bugs me, but it does work!

thanks very much, steve and matthew! hope someone else has benefited too
from all this bandwidth usage!

best-
-p