[PlanetCCRMA] intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG with planetedge kernels

Peter Lutek plutek@infinity.net
Fri Nov 19 14:15:01 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 16:30, Steve Harris wrote:
> > > however, attempts to bring up eth1 (which is the ipw2200) either during
> > > boot or subsequently (in system-config-network) yield an "ipw2200 device
> > > does not seem to be present, delaying initialization" error message.
>
> I get this with the ipw2100 and 2.6 lowlat kernels, unless I do
>
> rmmod ipw2100
> <wait a few seconds>
> modprobe ipw2100
>
> Hope that helps.

wow..... doing that, along with matthew's changes to
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 brings up eth1 !

what i don't understand is that i have never had to input my network
SSID or WEP key, and this is supposed to be a secure wireless router. i
know in Windows it would not function without giving the security
settings. does this mean WEP is not secure for Linux machines?

elated AND confused.......

-p