[PlanetCCRMA] FC1 PlanetCCRMA kernel qith no graphic support?

Thu Nov 18 17:49:00 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 03:34, Michele Spinolo wrote:
> > You are right, I just tested, a "3" at the end of the line is enough,
> > "init=3" does nothing. So make a copy of the line you want, change
> > something in the title and add a "3" at the end.
>
> It works fine!
>
> I used 2 instead o 3 to disable network support too!:-)
>
> bye
> Michele
>
> P.S. I hoped boot time would be sensibly reduced, instead mail support is
> still loaded....any tricks to improve booting time?

You can choose which services to start on each runlevel. To see what is
activated you can use /sbin/chkconfig. "/sbin/chkconfig --list" will
list all installed services and their state for each runlevel.

-- Fernando