[PlanetCCRMA] Best performance?

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Tue Nov 16 07:57:01 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:39:51 +0000, Steve Harris
<s.w.harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 07:10:36AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > set of plugins - one EQ - 3 different delays and a limiter. I would
> > suggest choosing a more useful set, such as:
> >
> > a) All pass delay line, linear interpolation
> > b) Auto phaser
> > c) DJ EQ (mono)
> > d) Multivoice Chorus
>
> this one is a bad choice, its cpu load depends on settings.
>
> > e) SC1
>
> - Steve

OK, although if people just use default settings would it at least be
consistent. However possibly a limiter on each track instead of a
compressor might be a better choice? I use limiters and gates more on
individual tracks myself, but I wanted one plug that was more CPU
intensive.

What I was looking for a balance between signal control (EQ,
compressors, limiters) and signal modifiers like the phaser and
chorus, thinking this sort of balances the things we need to do one
most tracks. (Even though I've never used 5 on 1 track in my life!)
;-)

I'm open to any set of plugins that folks think make sense and that
everyone would have.

BTW - 25 tracks set up like this on my laptop used only about 45% CPU,
not the 80% I had guessed. Just wish the machine didn't hang!

- Mark