[PlanetCCRMA] AlmusVCU installing on FC1 PlanetCcrma

Michele Spinolo michele.spinolo@tin.it
Fri Nov 12 01:05:01 2004

So I'm still working to make AlmusVCU run under FC1.

I compiled svgalib 1.9.19 but after some compiling it complains it can't add
svgalib modules (svgalib, svgalib_helper and others I think) to the kernel
to be loaded (I'm using FC1 CCRMA kernel 2.4.26), suggesting to build a new
kernel with modules capabilities.

Now I am a newbye, so have no idea if these modules could be added manually
like for soundcards configuration.

I tried to compile AlmusVCU anyway, and althougth svgalib modules were not
loaded I fully compiled AlmusVCU, but I have 3 problems:

-mouse support is broken, twki mouse is loaded but mouse goes completly
crazy until I log off and log on again

-If GPM mouse is setted to be loaded AlmusVCU complains it can't find some
files, even if GPM driver is installed: AlmusVCU requires mouse wheel patch,
is it present in GPM driver for FC1?

-Tring to use svgalib returns an error, it complains svgalib_helper module
is not loaded and AlmusVCU can't run

At this time AlmusVCU can be run only with kayboard interface and without
OSD.

Can someone give some indication how to load modules and if mouse wheel
patch is included in GPM driver?

Thanks!
Michele