[PlanetCCRMA] 2.4.20-31.1.caps.rh90.ccrmasmp kernel not installing

Matt Barber brbrofsvl@aol.com
Thu Nov 11 20:22:01 2004

->since i have your ears.  let me make sure my methodology is correct
here.  I
should be downloading all the FC2 CDs from the planet CCRMA site unless
only
the FC1 ROMs are available, no?

For example the Planet CCRMA Core and Planet CCRMA iso's are only built
for
FC1 - these are the CDs I want to build, no?
<-

Hi Noah,

I don't think there are FC2 install disks on the ccrma website (I don't
know where to find them if there are).  You can get them from one of
these mirrors:

http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html

You will want FC2, and probably not FC3 (geez, how fast are they going
to throw out new releases?).  Be aware that if you're using Opterons,
you will still want to get i386 roms and not the x86_64 - there is no
64-bit support in ccrma (yet - pipeline?).

Read these instructions:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/changelog.html#latestplanetcoretwo

And these:

http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2004-August/005789.html

You want to read this, too, and if you have time, go through some of the
posts from august through september, when it seemed like the most kernel
work was being done:

http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2004-August/005879.html

In general, I think you should try a number of kernels in planetedge...
I haven't been there in a while, so I don't know what the most current
thing is.  We're using 2.6.7 still, because all the most recent ones
crash our box when we try to burn cds.  I also had trouble with the SATA
controller (silicon image) under one of the 2.6.8.1 kernels, in which
case I had to trick the ramdisk (ask me if you have that problem).

Hope this helps.

Matt