[PlanetCCRMA] 2.4.20-31.1.caps.rh90.ccrmasmp kernel not installing

Noah Garrett Wallach logic@enabled.com
Thu Nov 11 06:18:01 2004

On 10 Nov 2004 20:12:16 -0800, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote
> On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 16:37, Noah Garrett Wallach wrote:
> > okay I am building another ccrma machine and arriving at a strange issue.
>
> Enterprise Linux again? Sigh. Unsupported!!

Fernando,

I understand ya here but Redhat 9.0 was end of life on April 30, 2004 - thats
over 6 months ago - which is eons in the computer world.  Redhat no longer
supports it or updates to it.

So I am stuck here with new hardware that redhat 9.0 doesnt boot on since it
cant probe it and does nto have the drivers for most of it.  and I dont think
FC1 would boot on it either, although I have not tried.

what is your best recommendation to move forward here?  the only loader that
has been able to work and appears to have regular updates is Red Hat
Enterprise Linux WS.

- Noah