[PlanetCCRMA] kjournald configuration

Juan Reyes juanig@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Nov 10 08:55:02 2004

Rick,
Thanks a lot for your advice and tips. Looks like you are right. I tried
changing the values of virtual memory with the kernel-tuning tool on the
gnome-system tools menu and the situation seems to improve a bit.

Of course I decided to switch from a 2.4 kernel to a 2.6 to see if the
situation would improve. Funny - but things are the same. Looks that
these default values are for servers and not workstations. I am going to
look further for documentation about vm managing and if I could not find
enough I might bother you for some pointers.

  Cheers,

  --* Juan