[PlanetCCRMA] audio apps not loading

Mon Nov 8 21:34:01 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 20:48, Noah Garrett Wallach wrote:
> well its been fun trying to get everything loaded.  learned a lot but now I am
> having problems with apt-get claiming unmet dependencies.
>
> what are my options to get a cure here?
>

> here is the output:
>
> --- snip ---
> [root@dhcp-183-1-168-192 root]# apt-get dist-upgrade
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Calculating Upgrade... Done
> 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 0 not upgraded.
> [root@dhcp-183-1-168-192 root]# apt-get install planetccrma-audiovideoapps
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

>   planetccrma-audiovideoapps: Depends: ams but it is not going to be installed
>                               Depends: kaconnect but it is not going to be
> installed
>                               Depends: qamix but it is not going to be installed
>                               Depends: qarecord but it is not going to be
> installed
>                               Depends: qjackconnect but it is not going to be
> installed
> E: Broken packages
> [root@dhcp-183-1-168-192 root]#

The commonality here appears to be kde (or qt). I would guess that you
have upgraded kde to a newer version that is not compatible (at the
library version level) with the version on which the packages were
compiled. This is a guess, to find out more details try to install one
of the packages alone, you will probably get a more detailed picture of
why it can't install those packages.

For example: apt-get install qamix

-- Fernando