[PlanetCCRMA] AlmusVCU installing on FC1 PlanetCcrma

Mon Nov 8 11:37:04 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 11:05, Michele Spinolo wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 06:26, Michele Spinolo wrote:
> > > Thank you very much Fernando, you are invaluable!
> > >
> > > I installed all this stuff, but while compiling AlmusVCU running "make"
> > > command after some gcc compiling it complains it can't find vga.h and
> > > vgagl.h which I think are included in svgalib-devel package.
> >
> > Ah, that rings a bell, probably I hit the same problem...
> >
> > > This package is not distributed on the 6 PlanetCCrma FC1 CDs, and
> searching
> > > the net this is what i found:
> > >

> http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/937852/com/svgalib-devel-1.9.17-2.i586.rpm.html
> > >
> > > which is the RPM built for PLD (???) distro.
> > > Can I use this rpm?
> >
> > Hmmm, I wouldn't. Most probably there is a way to disable svgalib
> > support. I just looked at the spec file I was creating and that is what
> > I did a while ago:
> >
> > # disable svgalib code
> > perl -p -i -e "s/twki_svga.vcu #/# twki_svga.vcu/g" Makefile
> >
> That's exactly what Anders Torger suggest me for a quick problem solving: to
> disable svgalib support in the Makefile.
>
> Unluckily I would like very much svgalib support, so I'm back to the problem
> described: which version of svgalib could I install in FC1 PlanetCCrma
> distro?

I would look for a source rpm (not the binary rpm) and try to rebuild
it. Or install from source. Or go to the svgalib site (if there is such
a thing) and see if they support packaging to rpms. If you manage to get
this working let me know...

BTW, so busy I have no time to look it up: what exactly is svgalib... I
have a fuzzy idea but that's it.

-- Fernando