[PlanetCCRMA] 2.6.7-1.437.1.11.rhfc2.ccrma crashes

Brad Fuller brad@sonaural.com
Sat Nov 6 13:51:01 2004

Matthew Allen wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 19:54:18 -0800, Brad Fuller <brad@sonaural.com> wrote:
>
>>Yep, I'm having crashes with 2.6.7-1.437.1.11.rhfc2.ccrma. At first I
>>was really just screwing around with a lot of apps, so I can't tell you
>>exactly what I did.
>

> ok I am running the same kernel, I have qjackctl up and running, along
> with pd -jack using c08.analog.sequencer.pd from the help. besides for
> some audio IO errors that pd gives me when my screen redraws or I
> swicth workspaces (I havn't tuned my irq's yet and I think that my
> 9700 is beating down my sound card). So far qjackctl has been up for
> an hour and no crashes (one Xrun while i type this though grrrrr.)
>
> m.

Tested all day with only one Xrun (just running qjackctl and pd). Great.
Then, while pd was running the testtone I "stopped" qjackctl (pushed the
stop button) and xwindows or KDE crashed -- taking me to the login.

Can't find anything in the xorg.log, xdm-errors log or kdm.log. Don't
know where else to look. Any ideas?

brad