[PlanetCCRMA] FC2 "experimental" kernel install dependency error

Brad Fuller brad@sonaural.com
Thu Nov 4 13:12:01 2004

--------------010403020607020303010904

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 11:59, Brad Fuller wrote:
>

>>Brad Fuller wrote:
>>

>>>Ok, I got the kernel 2.6.7-1.437.1.11.rhfc2.ccrma loaded.
>>>Unfortunately, Xwindows didn't start up. I had to change the
>>>nvidia6111 driver to the older one -- and then X started up. Why
>>>would this be? I was going to install 6111 again -- the nvidia
>>>installer said it was already installed (thought maybe there was
>>>some interaction between this kernel and nvidia6111.)
>>>
>>>Anyone come across this?
>>>
>>>brad
>>>

>>I take that back about the kernel. I did load it successfully (at
>>least the logs don't say there are problems) but:
>>
>># cat /proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency
>>
>>replies:
>>
>>cat: /proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency: No such file or directory
>>
>>so, jackstart doesn't start. of course.
>>
>>Note that this is NOT from the experimental repos. Perhaps I should
>>try these, Fernando?  You did mention below that these have had more
>>success. Still...I do wonder why I don't have lowlatency.
>>

>See this, specially the part about the realcap startup script, the
>instructions are different for the 2.6.x kernels...
>
>http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/changelog.html#latestplanetcoretwo

I should have said that I did install the realcap script and had it
start at boot time. Sorry I didn't mention it.
It didn't help. I think it's something more fundamental.

BTW: I looked for the apt line for planetedge and couldn't find it. Can
you point me to the right place
(Is there a "search" function at Planetccrma? didn't see one)

brad

--------------010403020607020303010904

<head>
</head>
Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 11:59, Brad Fuller wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Brad Fuller wrote:
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Ok, I got the kernel 2.6.7-1.437.1.11.rhfc2.ccrma loaded.
Unfortunately, Xwindows didn't start up. I had to change the
nvidia6111 driver to the older one -- and then X started up. Why
would this be? I was going to install 6111 again -- the nvidia
installer said it was already installed (thought maybe there was
some interaction between this kernel and nvidia6111.)

Anyone come across this?

brad

      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I take that back about the kernel. I did load it successfully (at