[PlanetCCRMA] FC2 "experimental" kernel install dependency error

Thu Nov 4 13:05:03 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 11:59, Brad Fuller wrote:
> Brad Fuller wrote:
> > Ok, I got the kernel 2.6.7-1.437.1.11.rhfc2.ccrma loaded.
> > Unfortunately, Xwindows didn't start up. I had to change the
> > nvidia6111 driver to the older one -- and then X started up. Why
> > would this be? I was going to install 6111 again -- the nvidia
> > installer said it was already installed (thought maybe there was
> > some interaction between this kernel and nvidia6111.)
> >
> > Anyone come across this?
> >
> > brad
> >
> I take that back about the kernel. I did load it successfully (at
> least the logs don't say there are problems) but:
>
> # cat /proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency
>
> replies:
>
> cat: /proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency: No such file or directory
>
> so, jackstart doesn't start. of course.
>
> Note that this is NOT from the experimental repos. Perhaps I should
> try these, Fernando?  You did mention below that these have had more
> success. Still...I do wonder why I don't have lowlatency.

See this, specially the part about the realcap startup script, the
instructions are different for the 2.6.x kernels...

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/changelog.html#latestplanetcoretwo

-- Fernando