[PlanetCCRMA] alsamixer not finding audio devices

Wed Nov 3 11:05:17 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 09:48, Noah Garrett Wallach wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:46:54 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote
> > On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:41:42 -0800, Noah Garrett Wallach
> > > I think you don't have Alsa installed.
> >
> > Or, did you build your own kernel and build Alsa into the kernel? you
> > are using a version of Redhat (Workstation Version 3) that I am not
> > familiar with.
>

> oh god - I dont think alsa is in the kernel.  how do I build it in?  I am
> simply lost and never saw any instructions about how to do that.

Well, there are no specific instructions on how to get things up and
running on an unsupported version of redhat (enterprise 3 in your case).
Otherwise I would be supporting it, right? :-)

Given the long chain of emails I may as well have supported it, but then
it is going to go beyond just the kernel and alsa...

-- Fernando