[PlanetCCRMA] python 2.3.4 or how to upgrade from source

Mon Nov 1 16:44:01 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 16:54, patrick wrote:
> thanks for this, but i'm still confuse about what should i do with the
> rpm installation of planetccrma, should i do rpm -e --force and then
> compile python 2.3.4 from source? or should i leave the rpm there?
> because lots of package depends on it...

You should leave the rpm there. If you install from source the new
python with the configuration switches that Kjetil suggests it will not
clash with the one included in the rpm.

> i'm confuse about having 1 rpm and 1 source in the same box.

The rpm installs its files in one location, the "compile from source"
install installs them in a different location. No conflict (hopefuly :-)

-- Fernando