[PlanetCCRMA] No Sound Problem Resolved (doh!)

Pete recon@lotech.co.uk
Mon May 31 07:23:01 2004

Hello all,

This is my first post to this mailing list, and I just wanted to say
thanks to the creators and maintainers of Planet CCRMA for giving me just
what I needed in terms of audio apps for Linux, and for upgrading my
system in the process !

I had intended to write a largish post describing my particular 'no sound'
problem, but I think I'll spare you all that and just say, if you own a
Creative Audigy 2 or similar, and find that your sound comes on, and then
goes off just before the log-in prompt, run 'alsamixer' again, and this
time, REALLY check the channels. :)

It turns out my 'Audigy A' channel was muted. I just clicked 'm' and bang,
on came my power light on my (rather crappy) desktop speaker system. I
can't believe I missed it, but it's easy to skip onto more technical
diagnoses when the problem is simply one of impatience. Considering what
you get with PlanetCCRMA, can you blame me ? ;)

I hope this post helps someone, although I'm sure most people are going to
be a lot more patient than me.

Tune !

Regards,

Pete.