[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Other repositories

Nathaniel Virgo nathaniel.virgo@ntlworld.com
Wed May 26 09:16:01 2004

Axel Thimm wrote:

>On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 10:02:35PM +0100, Nathaniel Virgo wrote:
>

>>I'd like to be able to install non-music related stuff such as Gimp 2
>>via apt.  From reading around a bit it seems that package conflict
>>issues can arise when mixing different repositories, so I was wondering
>>which of the other repositories I should use, and whether there's
>>anything I should watch out for.
>>

>I know ATrpms works well with PlanetCCRMA. Some repos that more or
>less work together are outlined at
>
>http://atrpms.net/repos/
>
>You may find some rough edges, which you can help iron out by filing
>bugs against the common bugzilla at bugzilla.atrpms.net.

I tried adding the lines for ATrpms to /etc/apt/sources.list, but when I
run apt-get dist-upgrade I get the following.  I'm guessing I don't
really want to install a new kernel or upgrade apt, so what do I do
here?  (I also tried installing the rpm from ATrpms that configures apt
and yum for several repositories, since it included Planet CCRMA so I
thought it would be safe, but it had a similar problem to this so I
uninstalled it and (hopefully) put everything back how it was).

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done
The following packages will be upgraded
  acl alsa-driver alsa-lib alsa-lib-devel alsa-utils apt attr autoconf
autofs
  automake automake14 automake15 automake16 beecrypt diffstat docbook-dtds
  docbook-style-dsssl docbook-style-xsl docbook-utils expat expat-devel
  fetchmail flac freetype freetype-devel gettext gnupg lftp libacl libao
  libao-devel libattr libid3tag libid3tag-devel libmad libmad-devel libogg
  libogg-devel libraw1394 libsndfile libvorbis libvorbis-devel libxml2
  libxml2-devel libxml2-python libxslt libxslt-devel make mutt openjade
  perl-DateManip perl-HTML-Parser perl-XML-Parser perl-libwww-perl pkgconfig
  popt pyxf86config rpm rpm-build rpm-devel rpm-python sgml-common synaptic
  wget xawtv xml-common yum
The following packages will be REPLACED:
  apt-devel (by libapt-pkg-devel)
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  planetccrma-core
  aalib alsa-devices atrpms atrpms-package-config elfutils-devel
  kernel#2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
  kernel-module-alsa-2.4.22-1.2188.nptl#1.0.4-28.rhfc1.at libapt-pkg
  libapt-pkg-devel libavc1394 libdv libdv2 libdv4 libquicktime lirc-lib
opensp
  perl-HTTP-GHTTP tv-fonts zvbi
The following packages have been kept back
  fftw lm_sensors
67 upgraded, 19 newly installed, 1 replaced, 1 removed and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 56.7MB of archives.
After unpacking 62.9MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]