[PlanetCCRMA] Installing two RH 9.0 Root Partitions?

Barton Bosch bartonbosch@softhome.net
Fri May 21 23:03:02 2004

I've been googling around for an hour trying to find more info
on running two linux installations on one machine/hdd but I'm
not having a lot of luck.  I want to have one "production"
planet ccrma installation where I can actually get things done,
a plain vanilla rh 9.0 installation to try to get Gimp 2.0 up
and running, and possibly a third rh 9.0 or ccrma installation
to tinker with.

Specific questions that leap to mind are;  a)  how should I name
the second root partition once `/` is already assigned?  b)  how
to boot into the second root partition?  c) what partitions can
be safely shared between the two installations?  d) any gotchas
or potential difficulties to watch for?

Any help or pointers to releveant documentation would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Barton