[PlanetCCRMA] Re)saving alsamixer settings (May4,2004)

Fri May 21 18:26:01 2004

> I just joined this ml. I have the same problem with Stephen
> posted 'saving alsamixer setting' on May4,2004.
>
> My kernel is '2.4.22-1.2188.nptl' and the following rpms are
> installed.
>
> [zenkato@p4c8 zenkato]$ rpm -qa|grep alsa
> alsa-utils-1.0.4-1.1.fc1.fr
> kernel-module-alsa-1.0.4-1_2.4.22_1.2188.nptl
> alsa-lib-1.0.4-1.1.fc1.fr
> gnome-alsamixer-0.9.6-2.fr
> alsa-lib-devel-1.0.4-1.1.fc1.fr
> alsa-driver-1.0.4-1

ALSA from Freshrpms, normal Fedora kernel...

> After I ummute 'PCM' on GNOME Alsa Mixer,

Which mixer is that? Are you sure it is native alsa?

> I did
> # alsactl store
> Then /etc/asound.state was surely written.
>
> After reboot, 'PCM' on GONE ALSA Mixer was not changed.

What happens if you, before rebooting, do a:

alsactl restore

Does it restore properly the settings? I would suggest using either
alsamixer or gamix as I'm sure those are ALSA native mixers.

-- Fernando