[PlanetCCRMA] Ardour hardware monitoring

R Parker rtp405@yahoo.com
Fri May 14 13:23:01 2004

John, I'm on my way out the door but this topic
interests me. When I get back home, I'll try to
respond with some detail.

Meanwhile, what's up with 1456? Man. If 28 i/o's route
to eachother, then what happens when you press Record
on one channel? You'd record the signals for every
route to that channel. Jackd provides awesome routing
possibilities; however, you're not forced to use every
possible route and don't want to configure for that
type of possibility.

If qjackctl, try 'disconnect all'. Then setup a scheme
with the absolute simplest route. I'm talking about
one mono channel. If you haven't done this, maybe it
will help us get a better perspective on routing. Then
it'll be easy to find zero latency hardware monitoring
when a master bus exists. I'm sure it won't be an
issue.

BTW, I'm fairly convinced that jackd routing
possibilities and logical monitoring scenarios aren't
obvious to everyone. Thanks for asking about it.

Talk to you soon,

ron