[PlanetCCRMA] Ardour hardware monitoring

John Yates jyates@hvc.rr.com
Thu May 13 18:27:00 2004

Anyone have hardware monitoring working with Ardour? My RME
Digiface/Cardbus setup doesn't seen to be getting any mixer commands
when hardware monitoring and Auto Input are enabled in Ardour. I've
got hardware monitoring enabled in jackd also. From what I gather,
Ardour should be sending monitor switching commands to jackd which
sends them on to the Alsa driver which sends them on as level changes
to the HDSP hardware mixer. I can control the mixer with the
hdspmixer utility so I know that much is working. Is there any
preliminary mixer setup that must be done before Ardour can take
control?

Monitor switching via software monitoring seems to work fine, but
I'd rather get the hardware path going if I can.

Thanks, John