[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Trying to build module using Planet Kernel

Axel Thimm PlanetCCRMA@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue May 11 02:17:02 2004

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 04:47:19AM -0400, jim ruxton wrote:
>=20
> >
> >Well, it looks like I have it here:
> ># rpm -q -l kernel-source-2.4.26-1.ll.rh90.ccrma|grep linux/version.h
> >/usr/src/linux-2.4.26-1.ll.rh90.ccrma/include/linux/version.h
> >(same result of FC1)
> >
> >If you don't have the file then something erased it (not me! :-)... "rpm
> >-V kernel-source-2.4.26-1.ll.rh90.ccrma" will verify the installed
> >package and check for missing or altered files. Most probably you will
> >need to reinstall it.=20
> >
> >=20
> >
> Thanks Fernando,
>=20
> I removed the source RPM and reinstalled it and voila the missing file=20
> appeared. I'm not sure how it dissapeared...
> Thanks again,
> Jim

You probably did a make mrproper (perhaps even make clean is enough to
blast it away).

I recommend the following procedure:

o Install kernel-sources, copy them to a working directory
o Edit Makefile to remove the custom tag (if Nando adds this like RH
  does).
o make mrproper
o Copy configs/your-config.config .config
o make oldconfig (sometimes needed twice)
o make deps

Now go to the module you want to build and point it to these sources.
--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga--