[PlanetCCRMA] USB-MIDI + Triton EX

Jason Balicki kodak@frontierhomemortgage.com
Tue Jun 29 13:48:02 2004

I have a weird problem that I haven't cared about because
there's an easy workaround, but I was wondering if anyone
else sees this behavior:

When I first boot with all my usb midi devices attached
they will not show up in the system.  I have to unplug
them and then plug them back in.  Then they all show
up.  I also have to restart alsasound to get any audio
output.  I don't *think* these issues are related, but
I'm not ruling it out.

Now, I just got a shiny new Triton EX that has a USB interface,
and I want to get it to show up as a MIDI device for use
in PlanetCCRMA.  The problem is that I'm at work, so
I can't physically plug and unplug the device to make
it work.  There's got to be a way to stop and start the
usb subsystem, but I can't seem to find it.

I have a Midisport 1x1 and a 61 Key M-audio Radium MIDI
controller that both work fine, as long as I unplug them
and plug them back in after initial boot.

So, I guess my questions are:  has anyone seen this
behavior?  Does anyone know how to restart the USB
subsystem so I don't have to replug devices?

I'm using an up-to-date PlanetCCRMA on FC1.

Thanks for any tips!

--J(K)

PS:  I should mention that I have the usb-storage
facility of the Triton EX working just fine, I can
access the compact flash card connected to the EX
as long as the EX is in "USB Storage Mode".