[PlanetCCRMA] Oxygen 8 and Fedora CCRMA ???

Peter Howard pjh@coastal.net.au
Fri Jun 25 18:56:00 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 18:38, Simon Schampijer wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 13:49, luigi rensinghoff wrote:
> > hi all !!
> >
> > Hi to all !
> > I wonder if someone might invest some time to help me
> > getting my oxygen 8 usb midi Keyboard Controller to
> > run under Planet CCRMA Fedora package.
> >
> > Here's the little story:
> >
> > It took me about half a year to get my setup running
> > on a Linux desktop machine. I gathered some experience
> > with Planet CCRMA RH 8 and got it all running. I am
> > really not a linux expert so things like applying
> > patches and recompiling kernels cause some headache to
> > me.
> >
> > Somehow it was really easy to get the oxygen 8 running
> > under CCRMA RH 8, but i dont really remeber how i did
> > it.
> >
> > Now i switched to Fedora CCRMA and it does not seem to
> > be as easy.
> >
> > I found some howtos (Ircam/Alsa/ccrma) but they dont
> > really work for me i always get a PE header error when
> > i try to load the firmware.

Have you managed to get over this?  I'm getting (what I think is) the
same problem.

[pjh@pig midisport_firmware-0.5]$ make install
./extractfirmware
processing UKS11LDR.SYS ...
invalid PE header offset
make: *** [install] Error 1

> Then suddenly yesterday
> > when i ran hdsploader ( I am using a HDSP Hammerfall +
> > Multiface) the device appeared for about an hour ;-)
> >
> > But i couldnt reproduce it.
> >
> > so what i need is a little bit more understanding an
> > maybe an advice what i should do.
> >

> > I wonder if everything is going to be easier with
> > kernel 2.6 (Is it in planning for Planet CCRMA ??)
> >
> > The combination of hotplug fxloader ezusbmidi is quite
> > confusing to me, i dont exactly in which directories
> > to see to do step by step troubleshooting.
> >

> > Well, of course i you can just help me with ONE of my
> > numerous questions i would be very happy.
> >
> > Best Regards Luigi
> >

> Hi Luigi,
>
> I have got following Setup:
>
> FC1 with oxygen8
>
> used this Guide for the midi usb interface installation
> http://freesoftware.ircam.fr/article.php3?id_article=67
>
> (I didn't do the extract with the latest version...hadn't this error
> -> a PE header error )

Can you tell me the exact versions you used please? Are you referring to
the version of midisport_firmware or the MAudio driver for extraction?

> If all worked out properly -
>
> - watch out for your cards :
>     cat /proc/asound/cards
>
> if the oxygen is on the 0 Index
> add this to the /etc/modules.conf
>
>    alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
>    options snd-usb-audio index=1
>
> and maybe you want to do the following to
> add the module to the hotplug blacklist (I don't know
> if this really made a difference in my setup -
> seemed to work after rebooting without adding this
> , hmm don't know yet why -> have to check that)
>
> Hope this helps ->
>
> Best Regards
>
> Simon

I shudder to think how everyone would go without help like this.

Thanks in advance.

--
Peter Howard
pjh@coastal.net.au