[PlanetCCRMA] Re: changing stuff

Fri Jun 25 10:09:01 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 07:22, Dave Phillips wrote:
>   I have two related questions:
>
>     1. My client wants to upgrade his KDE system in his current Planet C
> RH9. Can he do so safely (without harm to the Planet C system), and if
> so, what's the recommended way to upgrade ? He has a fast connection and
> can hypothetically do the upgrade over the wires.

I think there is a kde specific repository somewhere. But as Patrice
points out there will be incompatibilities with some of the apps.

>     2. I'd like to check out Werner Schweer's MusScore, his WYSIWYG
> notation editor, but alas, it requires QT 3.3. Similar to question #1,
> what's the best way to go about doing that ?

The newer Muse 0.7prex series also wants qt 3.3... :-( So I did build a
qt 3.3 a while ago but it conflicts with a lot of stuff in the distro
(for < FC2). I don't know what is the best way around this. Probably
releasing a backwards compatibility package at the same time to keep
existing apps happy, but that is not something to do in a hurry :-)

I'm going on a trip starting hopefully tomorrow so this will have to
wait[*], I will not have access to email during next week so just make
music and do not think about upgrades :-)

-- Fernando

[*] I'm driving up to Banff, this year's CCRMA summer workshops are
hosted there.