[PlanetCCRMA] Best latency?

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Thu Jun 24 07:57:01 2004

Timo Sivula wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what kind of latencies do you get with the planet CCRMA 2.4.26 kernel? I
> have been playing around with the jack settings and the best I can get
> with virtually no xruns is 23.2 msec using 256 frames per period and 4
> periods per buffer. Has anybody gotten any better?
>
> I have been told that 15 ms would be a good value for a music machine.
> is this true? Seems not to be possible to reach such a value with my PC.
>
> Using
> Celeron 2G, 396 MB RAM, FC1 with CCRMA kernel.
>
> br, Timo

With my Hammerfall cards and a P3-500 I was able to get down to sub-3mS
a year ago. With my AP2496 in the same machine I get to about 10mS if I
remember correctly. The machine is in storage for a few more weeks so I
cannot check for you right now.

That is likely *not* the exact kernel you are interested in, but at
least it's numbers... ;-)

- Mark