[PlanetCCRMA] added: ALPHA version of Planet Core components for FC2

Tue Jun 22 16:56:01 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 23:54, Louis van Dompselaar wrote:
> > The failure is strange in the sense that stopping realcap does _not_
> > remove commoncap. You could test to see if this is the problem by
> > booting with realcap disabled. "named" should not start. Then
> > "/sbin/modprobe commoncap" and check if named starts normally.
>
> no go
>
> [root@babylero root]# modprobe commoncap
> [root@babylero root]# lsmod|grep common
> commoncap               4736  0
> [root@babylero root]# service named start
> Starting named: named: capset failed: Operation not permitted
>                                                             [FAILED]
>
> but:
>
> [root@babylero log]# modprobe capability
> [root@babylero log]# service named start
> Starting named:                                            [  OK  ]
>
> So that's probably the module the vanilla FC2 kernel loads.

Yup, you found it. It is not that the standard FC2 loads it, it is that
it is not a module in the standard FC2 kernel (ie: it is part of the
kernel itself, in a way "always loaded"). I cannot build it as part of
the kernel in my package because otherwise I would not be able to build
the realcap module. A pain....

Perhaps in future kernel builds I have to include some script or
something that will autoload it at the beginning of the boot process.

-- Fernando