[PlanetCCRMA] Help with Midi Keyboard Connection

Martin Beard Mbeard1@cox.net
Tue Jun 15 17:30:02 2004

--------------050307090003060908040301

Can anyone help me.  I am trying to connect an Alesis QS6 synth to the
joystick port of my  computer. I had been doing this in Windows so I
know that I have had good physical connections. Now that I am trying to
make the same keyboard work in Linux I don't know how to connect to the
computers midi port.

I have loaded the Alsa drivers for SIS7012 onboard soundcard (uses
intel8x0 audio).
Checked the /etc/modules.conf file that was created using the alsaconfig
routine.
Loaded software applications: Qjackctl (jack), Rosegarden, Qsynth
(fluidsynth).
 From a terminal window submit aconnect -lio and the screen output shows
that the virtual synth and sequencer are working fine but I have no
other ports to connect the keyboard to.

I have done every thing that I can find to do. Has anyone been able to
the SIS7012 drivers to support a keyboard or is there something I have
overlooked.

Please help.
Marty Beard

--------------050307090003060908040301

snd-pcm-oss            44872   0  (autoclean)
snd-mixer-oss          16728   1  (autoclean) [snd-pcm-oss]
snd-seq                49968   0
snd-intel8x0           25100   1
snd-ac97-codec         63464   0  [snd-intel8x0]
snd-pcm                86176   0  [snd-pcm-oss snd-intel8x0]
snd-timer              21220   0  [snd-seq snd-pcm]
snd-page-alloc          9336   0  [snd-intel8x0 snd-pcm]
gameport                3380   0  [snd-intel8x0]
snd-mpu401-uart         5680   0  [snd-intel8x0]
snd-rawmidi            19840   0  [snd-mpu401-uart]
snd-seq-device          6284   0  [snd-seq snd-rawmidi]
snd                    49156   0  [snd-pcm-oss snd-mixer-oss snd-seq snd-intel8x0 snd-ac97-codec snd-pcm snd-timer snd-mpu401-uart snd-rawmidi snd-seq-device]
soundcore               6692   4  [snd]

# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.4 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0
# -- Keep modules from being autocleaned
add options -k snd-card-0
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit.

# aconnect -lio
client 0: 'System' [type=kernel]
    0 'Timer           '
    1 'Announce        '
        Connecting To: 128:0
client 129: 'Rosegarden sequencer' [type=user]
    0 'Rosegarden      '
client 130: 'FLUID Synth (qsynth)' [type=user]
    0 'Synth input port (qsynth)'

--------------050307090003060908040301--