[PlanetCCRMA] Cinelerra failure

Tue Jun 15 15:05:03 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 14:55, Knut-H=?iso-8859-1?Q?=E5vard_Aksnes?=
wrote:
> > Does prelink follow symlinks, if not you can install the cinelerra binary
> > in a path not searched by prelink and then symlink to it from /usr/bin
> > thus avoiding the problem.
>
> Even if prelink follows symlinks a version of this solution will work
> by writing a small shell script a two liner looking something like this as
> content:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> exec /usr/cinelerra/bin/cinelerra "$@"
>
> This script is installed as /usr/bin/cinelerra. The application is installed
> outside the catalogs searched by prelink.

Yes, that should work, but it will hopefully be unnecessary, I'm testing
now with a rebuilt prelink package derived from FC2's and things seem to
be working in FC! (that is, cinelerra survives a prelink run). I can use
that for Jack as well as there is currently a gross hack there to avoid
the problems of prelink. Thanks for the suggestions anyway!

-- Fernando