[PlanetCCRMA] apt-get update connection failure

Tue Jun 15 10:10:01 2004

> I have installed FC1 and have gone through Fernando's excellent
> instructions for installation.
> (Kernel updated and sound is working).  My computer is on a local net.
> I thought
> the command "apt-get update" was previously working but now I get the
> error messages
> like:
>
> Err http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/1/i386 release
>    Cannot initiate the connection to ccrma.stanford.edu:80
> (171.64.197.141). - connect (101 Network is unreachable)

The server is up and running... and it looks like you are resolving
correctly the address (there was/is a widespread problem with the Akamai
DNS services, see: http://isc.incidents.org/). Could you try again? Can
you look at the Planet CCRMA site in a web browser? How about other
sites?

-- Fernando