[PlanetCCRMA] apt-get update connection failure

jsdey@optonline.net jsdey@optonline.net
Tue Jun 15 06:55:03 2004

Greetings:

I have installed FC1 and have gone through Fernando's excellent
instructions for installation.
(Kernel updated and sound is working).  My computer is on a local net.
I thought
the command "apt-get update" was previously working but now I get the
error messages
like:

Err http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/1/i386 release
   Cannot initiate the connection to ccrma.stanford.edu:80
(171.64.197.141). - connect (101 Network is unreachable)
.
.
.
Failed to fetch
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/fedora/1/i386/base/release
Cannot initiate the \
connection to ccrma.stanford.edu:80 (171.64.197.141). - connect (101
Network is unreachable)
.
.
.
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
W: Release files for some repositories could not be retrieved or
authenticated. Such repositories are being ignored.
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

I am hoping that some kind person will have the patients to give me a
little guidance on how to connect.  Thanks.

Regards,
John Dey