[PlanetCCRMA] re install snag

Tue Jun 8 18:06:02 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 17:55, Bryon White wrote:
> I burned the cds with Roxio. Should I use Nero?

I have never used either so I can't recommend which one to use. Just
make sure that the ".iso" file that you downloaded is not "added" to the
root filesystem of the cdrom you are creating. Actually, you don't need
to "create" a cdrom, the ".iso" file _is_ the cdrom, you just have to
copy that file bit to bit to the cdrom. There must be an option to do
that.

> The sources.list got updated. I probably should not use these
> cds. I burned the Fedora install cds with Roxio also. So if they
> are correct the GUI should be able to see all the files without
> mounting with the command I used under root?

Yes. If you insert a properly copied cdrom and mount it (either
automatically or using "mount /mnt/cdrom") you should see directories
and files inside, not just one .iso file.

-- Fernando