[PlanetCCRMA] Audacity recording blues

Sun Jun 6 16:14:01 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 23:23, William M. Quarles wrote:
> Reading the Audacity Wiki, Audacity can be compiled to support ALSA
> natively <http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.pl?LinuxIssues>: however,
> Planet CCRMA does not do this, nor is it even provided as a recompile
> option in the SRPM.  I think that this needs to be fixed soon.

The ALSA support is not really native (ie: with ALSA code written within
audacity). It is done by using PortAudio v19. But v19 has not yet been
officially released (I've been waiting for a long time to package it...
I think that the final v19 will also include jack support). Anyway, that
wiki also says:

"Note that v19 is still evolving and not as well tested, but it is the
only way that Audacity supports ALSA. Many users have reported good
experiences with it."

That suggests to me it is not very stable. Maybe it is time to test it
anyway :-) Thanks for the reminder.

-- Fernando