[PlanetCCRMA] SRPM circular dependency problem

Sun Jun 6 16:00:01 2004

> The alsa-lib SRPM depends on jack-audio-connection-kit-devel, and the
> jack-audio-connection-kit SRPM depends on alsa-lib-devel.  The first
> depency seems unnecessary, not to mention causes recompilation
> headaches.  Does anybody else think that this is strange?  Can this be
> fixed?

As Steve commented the reason for the dependency is that alsa-lib
includes a jack plugin, so to build the whole package you need jack. And
obviously to build jack you need alsa-lib :-) The latest spec file (I
don't think I have released that one yet, this came up during my FC2
rebuild) has a conditional so you can rebuild alsa-lib without the jack
plugin.

-- Fernando