[PlanetCCRMA] low latency with delta 1010

Sat Jul 31 14:07:01 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 00:24, Tom Burdick wrote:
> I've noticed very inconsistent latency issues with my delta 1010lt card,
> I'll be at 21ms (by no means "ultra low") according to qjackctl and
> still recieve xruns, while running RT, 48000khz, 16bit audio, with
> hardware meters and low latency patch enabled (this is on a dual athlon
> box). I can get this baby down to about 3ms with asio :-( Is there some
> way to improve this situation? is it not a fault of the card or
> software,

It could be software problem. It could also be a less than optimal setup
of the interrupts, or the pci bus latencies.

> but perhaps attributed to redhat somehow? (I've never been a
> big fan... sorry)

On which version of RedHat/Fedora do you see this? Which version of the
kernel are you running? (uname -r to find out). What does "lspci -v" say
about the IRQs for the card? Is it sharing interrupt requests?

-- Fernando