[PlanetCCRMA] Help! Can't use ardour any more!

Sun Jul 25 01:06:00 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 11:03, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > which is good, but if it's at all possible it might be a good idea to be
> > able to install beta11.2 as a seperate package with a differently-named
> > binary so that people can have the choice of a definately stable version
> > if they want.
>
> That was my original intention. Regretfully I did not have time to
> finish doing that (long story) and the feedback from the list when I
> posted the question of whether to upgrade the package was positive.
>
> > I'd like to keep things how they are now because it works
> > but I would like to be able to install the latest versions of ardour from
> > Planet CCRMA as well because of all the new features.  Perhaps I should
> > just find a tarball of 11.2 and install that alongside the new Planet
> > CCRMA releases.
>
> I'll see if I can create a "buggy but oldie" package for 11.2... I tried
> but it was not trivial.

Well, turns out I was one step shy of getting there, so it was not that
difficult.

I have created ardour-beta11-2 packages that coexist with the latest
ardour release. What I did is install the whole ardour tree in:
  /opt/ardour-beta11-2/
so the executable will be in:
  /opt/ardour-beta11-2/bin/ardour

I tested it briefly and seems to work, getting the configuration files
from the proper placey (ou may have to rename the ~/.ardour
configuration directory).

To install "apt-get update" and then:
  apt-get install ardour-beta11-2

-- Fernando