[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Size Mismatch Problem

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm@ATrpms.net
Sat Jul 24 01:23:01 2004

--E13BgyNx05feLLmH

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 10:08:58AM +0800, Andrew Wilson wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions.
>=20
> Just an update: =20
>=20
> Over the past couple of days I am still getting the problem, however it
> doesn't consistently happen on all the files (with the exception of the
> srclist file).  So I have not been able to do an apt-get update against
> the planet repository without getting a size mismatch error.
>=20
> I have also converted to the ATrpms mirror. (This process has a couple
> of catches, but I think definitely worthwhile doing).

What catches are there? I'd like to remove as amny as possible :)

> All the files from other repositories were OK with the exception of
> occassional ftp exceed user limit type errors.

Probably for jpackage, I suppose? It is good that apt is so fault
tolerant.

> The planetccrma files still showed a size mismatch error.  Again, with
> the exception of the srclist file, the other ones did not consistently
> fail.=20

you mean also when using planetccrma.atrpms.net? Then the expiry
settings are not working for you :(

> I'd love to be able to debug this.  What does the "size mismatch" error
> actually mean?

I means that the size as stored in one of the base files does not
match the actual size of the target file. I.e. the two files are out
of sync. That can almost only happen if you have cached one of the,
especially when you are seeing it so long.

Try using wget --cache=3Doff on the files to be downloaded, before using
apt. --cache=3Doff adds a "Pragma: no-cache" header that cache systems
and proxies should respect and go renew their copy. The immediately
next apt-get operation should see fresh copies (at least in theory).

Also post the results (date & md5sums) of the manually downloaded
files, so we can compare with the actual contents.

--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--E13BgyNx05feLLmH

--E13BgyNx05feLLmH--