[PlanetCCRMA] Jack wont start

Sat Jul 17 21:13:01 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 12:57, Bryon White wrote:
> I have finished installing all the applications and wanted to run Ardour. I tried to start jack
> first by doing jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -r 44100  command and get
> apparent rate 44100
> creating alsa driver ... hw|hw|1024|2|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
> configuring for 44100hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
> couldnt open hw for 32 bit samples trying 24 bit instead
> couldnt open hw for 24 bit samples trying 16 bit instead
> Alsa: cannot set number of periods to 2 for capture
> Alsa: cannot configure capture channel

You could try with different number of periods other than the default of
2. See "man jackd" for all options. "-n 3" will set the number of
periods to 3 as in:

jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -n 3 -r 44100

You may also need to play with the length of the period at the same time
("-p" option, default is 1024).

Another option to test is run playback only with the -P option (just to
test).

-- Fernando