[PlanetCCRMA] Comparing proprietary and free software

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Thu Jul 15 15:05:04 2004

David Fraser wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>> ...sorry for wasting all this bandwidth. ;-) (Heck, it's free, right?!)
>>
> Not a waste of bandwidth, its really interesting!
> What I would like to know is, is there a central site that compares
> existing proprietary sound applications with their free software
> alternatives?
> A wiki-based site might be a good idea for this kind of thing...
>
> David

Don't know really. For all things Linux and Sound I first go to Dave's site:

http://linux-sound.org/

I don't think that there's anything really specific there in terms of
comparison between free and not free though.