[PlanetCCRMA] General processing ?

R Parker rtp405@yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 11:47:01 2004

--- Mark Knecht <mknecht@controlnet.com> wrote:
> Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:

> about sorting plugins by
> However, it doesn't seem like
> plugins in planet-ccrma?
> most of the programming, so
> when having internet

> to planet-ccrma? All

> if not you can pick it up
> files).

> >>I wish someone would write an RTAS to LADSPA
> wrapper so that I could use
> >>my Waves plugins under Linux...
> >>

> > Is the RTAS system open? Is there a development
> kit or something
> > available?
> >
> I don't know. I think there's an NDA that has to be
> signed to get a
> development kit, but after that people seem to ship
> executable code.
> Possibly you cannot ship Open Source. I don't know
> about such things.
> All I know is that I have access to $10,000 worth of
> Waves plug-ins that
> I'll probably never be able to use if I commit to
> Linux, so I'll
> probably never commit to Linux. However, if these
> worked under Linux,
> then people like me might be much more likely to
> come over to Ardour one
> of these days.

Hi Mark,

I've got one of the Waves packages but it's for Mac.
Despite Waves being very nice stuff, I don't care that
much about it.

I know there's two VST solutions and don't know
anything about either of them with one obscure
exception. I read a comment from Paul Davis that
basically claimed VSTi's can run in the VST solution
that he worked on...the exception being
Waves...however, "we know how to fix Waves."

Hell, toss Davis a bone and see if he'll bite.

ron