[PlanetCCRMA] Channels and soundfonts on Qsynth

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc@rncbc.org
Sat Jan 31 04:34:01 2004

Hi,

>> a) How do I assign different soundfonts to different channels in
>> qsynth? E.g. I would like my pianocollection soundfont to listen to
>> channel 1, my organs to channel 2, my synthpads to channel 3, etc? Now
>> all channels are directed to the same soundfont, which seems redundant
>> to me, as I can switch between instruments with the program key.

On the channels window you can right-click to edit each channel preset
assignment. You may select a bank and program instrument and assign it to
the given channel. Then this assignment maybe saved under a preset name
for future reuse.

However, you have to notice that the loaded soundfonts behave like a
stack. You may not access an instrument with the same bank-program number
of a loaded soundfont if there's another soundfont on top of it that
implements the same bank-program.

Probably you might reorganize the soundfont loading order, in the
setup/soundfonts dialog...

Hope this helps too.

Cheers.
--