[PlanetCCRMA] Timidity, QtSynth, amSynth, Hydrogen

Fri Jan 30 09:23:03 2004

> It seems that when I first installed the planet packages, Timidity may have
> configured itself to use the on-board intel sound card, which was disabled
> when I installed a Delta 1010 LT.  Is there a way to reconfigure timidity,
> or will I un/reinstalling it correct the problem?  If I want to use the
> intel again as a second card, can I overide/change things in the cmos to get
> them both recognized?

You need to change your /etc/modules.conf to load both sound drivers
when ALSA starts (this is an alsa configuration issue), this example
could be a starting point (replace the section you have and adjust the
name of the drivers you need according to your hardware - make a backup
:-):

# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 0.9.0 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-ice1712
alias snd-card-1 snd-intel8x0
# --- OSS compatibility
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss
options snd major=116 cards_limit=2 device_mode=0666
options snd-ice1712 index=0
options snd-intel8x0 index=1
# --- Keep modules from being autocleaned
add options -k snd-card-0
add options -k snd-card-1
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

After changing the file do a "/sbin/depmod -a" and restart the sound
driver:
  /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound stop
  /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound start

> Hydrogen:
> Will the patch to fix the loop button (mentioned here a few days ago) be
> incorporated into the distribution?

Just released yesterday afternoon :-)
-- Fernando