[Agnula-Developers] Re: [PlanetCCRMA] default .asoundrc file?

Free Ekanayaka free@agnula.org
Wed Jan 28 09:30:28 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Andrea Glorioso wrote:

> Mark Knecht <markknecht@comcast.net> writes:
>
> >    One other thought was that one day, when people want to share their
> > Rosegarden sessions (as an example) that if we all had similar virtual
> > names in .asoundrc it might make that easier.
> >
> >    Would this be something others here would be interested in?
>
> Although it's not PlanetCCRMA specific, at AGNULA we are definitively
> interested on providing a default .asoundrc file (with good comments
> so that people can navigate their way through it).
>
> I'm putting the AGNULA users/developers mailing lists on Cc: for
> comments (and contributions) on this idea.

Yes we are definitely interested on this. Awfully I am myself a
poor user of the ALSA plugin system, currently I'm just using it
to route some streams to files and things like those.

Most probably you already know these links, but AKAIK some
documentation is at:

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa/library-source/doc/asoundrc.txt

http://opensrc.org/alsa/index.php?page=Plugin+Documentation

Please keep us informed on any news.