[PlanetCCRMA] weird behaviour from apt-get

Keenan Pepper cherylgpepper@comcast.net
Mon Jan 19 19:33:01 2004

apt-get keeps randomly telling me i have multiple versions of things and
then contradicting itself. I swear this is actual, untampered-with
output:

[root@localhost root]# apt-get remove fftw
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package fftw is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 0 not upgraded.
W: There are multiple versions of "fftw" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^fftw$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "wxGTK" in your system.

And then it goes on to tell me about all these other packages that have
multiple versions but somehow also are not installed at all...
What could possibly cause this self-contradictory behaviour? Is there a
conflict between the PlanetCCRMA repository and the one at
freshrpms.net? I only recently added freshrpms to my sources.list but i
removed it and still got this weird behaviour, so that's not the only
problem. Otherwise apt-get works fine, "apt-get check" says everything's
okay, it's just this one weird thing that keeps happening
intermittently.