[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Starting fluidsynth

Timo Sivula timo.sivula@luukku.com
Sat Jan 17 21:58:01 2004

> From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
>   fluidsynth -a alsa -m alsa_seq SOUNDFONTFILENAME
>
> will start fluidsynth connected to the alsa sound output driver and
> listening for midi commands in the alsa seuquencer.

I am running RH9 with Gnome and esd. Kernel is 2.4.22-6.ll.rh90 with
lowlatency active.
The above command results in the following output:

- - - - - clipeti clip -----
[timo@muska timo]$ fluidsynth -a alsa -m alsa_seq softaa/music/GM.sf2
cca_open_socket: error connecting to destination 'localhost:14541':
Connection refused
cca_comm_connect_to_server: could not create server connection
cca_init: could not connect to server 'localhost:14541' - disabling
ladcca
fluidsynth: warning: Failed to pin the sample data to RAM; swapping is
possible.fluidsynth: warning: Ignoring sample SineWave: can't use ROM
samples
** Using format s16, rw, interleaved
fluidsynth: warning: Couldn't set high priority scheduling for the
audio output
fluidsynth: warning: Couldn't set high priority scheduling for the MIDI
input
fluidsynth version 1.0.3
Copyright (C) 2000-2002 Peter Hanappe and others.
FLUID Synth comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions; see the COPYING file for details.
SoundFont(R) is a registered trademark of E-mu Systems, Inc.
  Type 'help' to get information on the shell commands.

- - - -  clipeti clip - - - -

The synth doesnt give a sound after this. I can get fluidsynth working
using jackqctl and rosegarden, but not with the above command. What am
I doing wrong?

Timo