[PlanetCCRMA] Requesting an example .asoundrc

Sat Jan 17 12:49:00 2004

> Has anyone a .asoundrc that they'd be willing to share? I need to
> construct one to include my AC97 on board chipset plus my RME Multiface,
> but I'm getting lost and confused by the alsa documentation.

Welcome to the club. I don't have any to share regretfully (you may want
to search google, I've seen plenty of examples floating by the alsa
mailing lists). Maybe others on the list...

What do you wanto to do? Make both your AC97 and RME appear as one
composite virtual soundcard? If that is the goal I don't think it can
happen. You would have to find a way to sync the RME to the AC97 codec,
otherwise the sampling rates would be (slightly) different, the cards
would drift apart and eventually you would get a click or something more
drastic :-) Maybe the internal cards has SPDIF output? That could be
used as a sync source, I guess.

-- Fernando