[PlanetCCRMA] New to CCRMA

Fri Jan 16 18:29:00 2004

> Can I use the apt-enabled iso's from CCRMA to upgrade my Redhat 7.3 box
> to 9.0 or Fedora? IOW, will they work just like the normal iso's from
> RedHat if I boot from the CD or Floppies?

The "RedHat" or "Fedora Core 1" images are normal iso images, the only
addition is the apt database that enables you to use apt or synaptic
with them. You can boot from the first cd in the series.

I have never tried to do an update that skips so many version (in fact I
always install rather than upgrade) so you may want to google for
success stories... (or ask in the, for example, fedora users list).

-- Fernando