[PlanetCCRMA] Help with Midi - no sound from Delta 1010 LT

Steven Schmidt steven.schmidt@comcast.net
Fri Jan 16 16:53:01 2004

Greetings Gurus,

I have a system with a Delta 1010 LT card, a midiman Radium keyboard.  I
believe I have not configured things correctly and have exhausted the
HOWTOs.  Please note that this is my first experience with MIDI, so it
is no doubt my own damn fault.  Thanks in advance for pointing me in the
right direction.

I have the ccrma audio package installed and most things seem to work as
expected, (jack, ardour) but I can't hear midi files.  When playing midi
files with Muse or Rosegarden, I can see activity but can't hear
anything.  Hydrogen produces sound and I can trigger the various drum
sounds with the Radium which will also play sounds using ZynAddSubFX. It
doesn't seem like I can play a synth with the Delta 1010.  It seems to
have the instrument banks - but where to go from there?

Here is my modules.conf and aconnect output- what else can I provide to
diagnose and correct?:

alias eth0 8139too
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 usb-uhci
alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394
#options snd-intel8x0 mpu_port=0x330
options snd card_limit=4
# -- Keep modules from being autocleaned
add options -k snd-card-0
alias scsi_hostadapter sbp2
# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.0rc2 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-ice1712
alias sound-slot-0 snd-ice1712
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio

# Configure card 2 (third card) as a virtual MIDI card
alias sound-slot-2 snd-card-2
alias snd-card-2 snd-virmidi

# aconnect -lo
client 64: 'Rawmidi 0 - M Audio Delta 1010LT MPU-401' [type=kernel]
     0 'M Audio Delta 1010LT MPU-401'
         Connected From: 72:0
client 72: 'Rawmidi 1 - Midisport 2x2' [type=kernel]
     0 'Midisport 2x2 Port 0'
         Connecting To: 129:0, 64:0
     1 'Midisport 2x2 Port 1'
client 80: 'Virtual Raw MIDI 2-0' [type=kernel]
     0 'VirMIDI 2-0     '
client 81: 'Virtual Raw MIDI 2-1' [type=kernel]
     0 'VirMIDI 2-1     '
client 82: 'Virtual Raw MIDI 2-2' [type=kernel]
     0 'VirMIDI 2-2     '
client 83: 'Virtual Raw MIDI 2-3' [type=kernel]
     0 'VirMIDI 2-3     '
client 129: 'Hydrogen' [type=user]
     0 'Hydrogen Midi-In'
         Connected From: 72:0