[PlanetCCRMA] Realtime PD Troubles

J. Scott Amort jsamort@shaw.ca
Wed Jan 14 23:41:02 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 02:44, derek holzer wrote:
> Somthing to think about is that PD's DSP is very tied up in its
> graphical processes as well. They can argue about this till the cows
> come home on the PD list, but at the bottom of it, PD is much more
> likely to get DSP errors from things occuring on the screen than many
> apps. Ardour, for example, never freaks out when I move windows or
> whatnot. But PD can and does. The -rt flag seems to reduce this greatly.

Thanks Derek.  After reading this, I noticed that the DIO errors were
coming when I was moving windows or opening menus.  I do use the suid
root method as Fernando mentioned to get pd running with the -rt flag.
However, the problem still exists that when I run pd with -rt and -jack,
it locks up.  Perhaps I will post this query over on the pd list as
well.  Thanks for everyone's help!

Best Regards,

Scott